Among the many looks that you can instantly create by using treatments is to install a new window blind. Wood blinds can add charm and elegance to any room in your home, and are available in different wood finishes or you can have them stained to complement the existing furniture in the room.
More benefits for wood blinds
- Variety. No matter what the internal system, you will find a great selection of wooden window blinds that perfectly complement any taste. Wooden blinds are especially effective and are a great match for tropical decor.
- Customization. Wooden blinds are available in many options for prefabricated, or you may choose to use wood window blinds of the same wood that the window is made of or of any other material of your choice.
- Personal preference. Wood Blinds provides an additional level of privacy in the room where they are installed. These types of blinds add warmth to your room.
- Energy conservation. Recently, most wood blinds are constructed with materials heavier than blinds made of vinyl or plastic, they block the heat during summer and cold air in the winter to reduce your heating and cooling bills.
- Durability. Wooden blinds are more durable than other types, in fact, many owners report having the same blinds for many years without the need to replace them.
Faux wood blinds
Real wood blinds are more expensive than other types (but worth the investment). If your budget does not allow for real wood, faux wood blinds is an option that give you the wooden look without the price being higher. Faux wood blinds can be found at affordable prices, which are known for their high moisture content - will never warp or crack. Search for faux wooden blinds that are built heavier than the highest quality materials.
Instructions for Care of wooden blinds
Caring for your wooden window blinds is easy, but care must be especially given when cleaning real wood because it is easily damaged.
- Gently vacuum the blinds from the brush head of your vacuum hose. Tilt the slats in the blinds for both.
- Wipe with a dry cloth - never use water to clean wood blinds. The water can cause the wood to warp or bend.
- Use non-wax furniture polish or oil with a soft cloth to give your blinds added Shine.
- Every two or three years, use a wood cleaner such as oil soap to thoroughly clean your wood blinds.
- If you're worried about damaging your blinds while cleaning them, there are professional cleaners who will come to your home and clean the blinds for you.